CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Well Hello, 2009, Where did you come from???

I had a very boring/fun new years eve. I'm in VA right now helping family out and doing a little visiting while here. Last night I got to toast in the new year with my sister and aunt. I rarely get to spend time with family, and most of the time end up spending nights out with friends. It was a very non-eventful night, but I found that fun because I got to bond with just my sister, which believe it or not, is rare now that her child count is up to four, and her husband usually takes up her alone time. With me moving out of the house is just a few days, almost as soon as we get back to Dallas, I'm happy we get a little alone time.

And with all that said, I miss Dallas. I miss home. I do like visiting here, and I am SOOOOO grateful that I got to see Renee(Best Friend) and Debbie( Awesome Woman). I really do miss them both. I have known Renee since 7th grade, she was my first roommate, and we have been so close and I am grateful that our friendship has passed the test of distance. We don't talk as often but we never miss a beat. Debbie has been such an inspiration in my life and she has had such a hard year, I am happy I was able to see talk with her. It don't know when where you live becomes your home. It happens very subtle. When I moved to Dallas, I missed VA so much, and for months felt like I was living in someone else's home. Now I feel like a tourist in VA and I MISS home.

Well I can't believe that 2008 has come and gone. I feel like I blinked, and very long blink. So much happened, and so much didn't happen at the same time. Maybe 2009 will show some improvement, and will last a little longer.

Wishing everyone a good year!!

1 thoughts to despense:

Sarah said...

had to laugh when janie called last night around 10 to wish me happy new year-- i was dozing on the couch-- aren't you glad you're not like us old ladies:D come home texas misses you too!!!!