CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 17, 2009

And it begins.......


So last Sunday, my sister whipped up a very wonderful,very nice goodbye party for me. I know it probably seems silly that everyone is saying goodbye when I will back in a couple of months, and probably back many weekends. But the goodbye wasn't as much for me as it was for the past couple of years. I have loved living with my sister and her family. And becoming friends with so many people through the church. I don't think it has hit me yet on how much my life is going to change.


Thank you everyone for all your kindness!

and special thanks to Sarah Rager who made me a

wonder piece of art that I get to fill with my stuff and carry around for

everyone to ask-- "WHERE did you get that?"... and I can say

From this wonderful woman-- check her out online here.

The picture above is her awesomeness.
PART II:
I have officially moved.
Thursday I packed. I finished around 5pm and really was impressed with myself.
I normally have a packing problem.
Like I could be going to the Sahara Desert and would pack a parka, you know just in case the world freezes while I there.
I do this when packing for anything. I could be going to a place for the weekend and pack for 2 weeks, you just never know what is gonna happen. And of course I will be the only person everyone is jealous of when I have when they need.
It doesn't matter that in this day in age a walmart is on every other corner and that in a life or death situation I could buy what I forgotten. I would much rather drag 4 suitcases to my destination.
Where was I?
Yes, So I packed smart enough(as hard as It was) and managed to get all of my belongings in Janie's van. And Friday morning we headed off to UTA.
Now all this time I have been worrying about who my roommate would be, would people like me, could I manage this whole university thing.
What I did not think about....
having a room on the 3rd floor with no elevator.
yeah.......
I am not worried about the day to day.. stairs don't scare me....
moving my extremely packed suitcases, a filing cabinet,and a small fridge, plus numerous other things.
that SUCKED.
I thought we would get everything up stairs, and then walk around the campus.
but after 10 or so trips downs steps and up carrying stuff.
The campus can wait.
But Janie and I survived.
barely
And I survived my first night alone, with the help of my glorious high count sheet (on sale @ Target--- if they go on sale again, and you can-- GET THEM)
My roommate hasn't moved in yet, in fact I don't think any of my 5 suite mates have either.
I have pretty much gotten settle in.
The whole dorm is pretty silent.
so I haven't really meet anyone yet.
I will be sure to post immediately after first super embarrassing moment,
'cause there is just bound to be one.
in the mean time, marvel at my tons of space in my dorm room.
Its hard taking pictures of this room, so excuse the quality of the angles.





4 thoughts to despense:

Sarah said...

i'm kinda jealous of you in a way-- i think it would be fun for us to trade lives for a week-- k-- probably not fun for you, but fun for me :D thanks for the props!

Janie said...

:)
have 1 hand more latr
miss ya

Anonymous said...

Yeah... I've been waiting to read this post. CONGRATULATIONS - you are finally doing what you originally set out to do. I am so proud that you have done this for yourself. You have truley been a great inspiration for me.
Anyway I just wanted to let you know that I was rooting for you and GOOD LUCK!
P.S.
Don't worry about the others liking you...believe me it would be their loss!

Anonymous said...

I think your roommates are gonna LOVE you because you're wonderful. I wish you lots of luck and I know we didn't see each other very often but its sad to know that you're not right down the street anymore. Buena suerte!