CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 9, 2009

Aunt Beth

so I know that school began on Jan 20, 2009... but it doesn't actually start until you have your first week that includes a test, a paper, a project and about 3 million chapters to read.


Hence no blog for a while

But, I would like to remember my Aunt Beth for a moment. 

 My Aunt Beth passed away on Friday.  It was expected because of her condition. She was diagnosed with colon cancer last year and completed chemo treatment in October.  By Jan. she was on a downward slope and we were unsure why.  At the end of January the doctors told us that the cancer was present in her colon, large lymph nodes, and brain. She was in a lot of pain, and had tried a round of treatment, but decided it was too painful, and refused anymore. I know that death is never a happy ending, but it is an ending for us all, and I am glad that death ended her pain, but sad that her life has ended. 

I will Miss her greatly. I will Miss her love of card games, and the Mexican food we would eat together when I lived above her. I will Miss her compassion for animals. I will remember her stories of her world travels and her memories of her husband Bill. I will forever be grateful to have had her in my life. Most of all I will remember Her. 



As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so life well used brings happy death. 
- Leonardo da Vinci

1 thoughts to despense:

Anonymous said...

Hey girlie - Just thought I would let you know that I am thinking about you and have you and your family in my prayers! I know that nothing I say can take away the loss that you are feeling but if there is anything I can do on this end just let me know!
LYLAS,
Call me if you need me
-Renee