CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 15, 2008

I love/hate this time of year

I am not a fan of extreme weather, or anything extreme for that matter.
If you can accomplish something than great, trying to do it extreme is just a waste of energy in my book. Same goes for weather. I can withstand a cold day.
But adding Texas wind, and no sun-- too extreme for me.
If I wanted to be frozen at this time of the year I would be living north of
where I actually live.
BUT......
I do love the smell of the cold air, and the crunch of dry twigs and fallen leaves.
I love leaves in general, I have a strange desire to start collecting and making stuff out of dried leaves, it never happens, but in my head it is awesome.
I also love driving through leaves and watching them dance behind my car. This was way fun in VA because we had many more trees that dumped their leaves to the ground, but sometimes you can catch a perfect street down here in Texas that has leaves resting on the pavement just ready for the burst of air produced by your car so they can have a little dance.
AND....
I really really really do love fires. I love them outside and inside. I am not a pyro and it is really
not about watching stuff burn, but more about the glow that only a fire can give.
I love the smell, I have heard many people over my life time say they don't like to smell like a camp fire. I LOVE it. I love the constant need to tend to it and feed it wood.
Fires stir up some of the happiest memories of my childhood.
I love to watch the flames flicker and bounce.
My favorite part of a fire....
Watching the embers glow and pulsate after the flames
have stopped.
Happy Autumn Everyone:)

1 thoughts to despense:

Janie said...

I totally agree, why someone would want gas logs in their home is beyond me - its almost sacreligious.
I am serious if I ever get alzheimers, just put me in front of a fire or a Christmas tree year round, I could watch them both for hours