CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Reason for the Blog

My acceptance letter.
I will be going to Arlington in the spring
My sister doesn't like to talk on the phone
She said you have to blog, otherwise I won't know whats
going on in your life.
I have a feeling she would find out whether I blogged or not
but still, I will blog.
I never really expected to transfer to a 4yr university when I started college here.
But this letter still brought tears to my eyes when I read it.
There is something about the all caps
CONGRATULATIONS
that would make anyone feel good about themsleves.
Applying to UTA was the first time in my life that I didn't have to worry
about being turned down, yet I still had a twang of "maybe" while ripping through
the envelope.
No I want to housing to give me a place to live to make it completely official
So come Jan 20, 2009
I will be a Maverick
I will try to make Sarah Palin proud

6 thoughts to despense:

Janie said...

I'll drink to that!

My name is Andrea said...

Congratulations! What will Janie do without you? What a happy and exciting time of life!

Sarah said...

what??? congrats and boo hoo at the same time, who said you could leave? you're the only aunt claire has in town :D

Tony said...

Congrats on UTA as well as the blog! :)

No comment on Gov. Palin. ;)

Anonymous said...

Ah!! Meg, I am so proud of you and I know you will do very well over there and I will certainly miss you when you're gone. <33

Congrats on becoming a Maverick.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you. Major congratulations to you. I know how hard you've worked for this. I'm proud of you. Get out there and change the world girl. <3