CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Resurrection of the Bllog

So....yeah.... my blog might be a little mad because I may have been neglecting it for the past couple of months. But I have told various dedicated followers that I would resume my blogging duties with the start of a new school year.

So, instead of giving many excuses for my absence I will instead start on with a new post about my AWESOME new dorm.

I liked my dorm last semester. It satisfied my needs, and gave me a place to sleep. But this dorm is like a Marriott compared to a Motel 6 in the bad part of town. I am now in Arlington Hall (A Hall). The location is closer to the buildings on campus, right next to the cafeteria, and again soooo much nicer inside. It is bigger and has much more surface space and closet space. So far I LOVE it. And I don't think I will have a big problem sleeping because the AC actually works here.

My roommate's name is Caitlyn, and we have gotten to know each other a little bit today as she unpacked her stuff, I have a feeling we will get along well this semester. She is a biology major, so I know the tough classes she will be taking.

I am excited about my classes this semester, I will actually get to take some classes for my Social Work Major. Anthropology, Social Work human behavior, Social Work Practice 1, Economics for Non-business majors and well Spanish 2, not so much excited about that one.

On a different note: You can now rent school books. Which is sooooo much cheaper!!!! I got one book for almost $70 cheaper, and I just have to give it back at the end of the semester. For anyone who has bought college books before knows how awesome this is!!!!

And now Pictures of my new crib:)
View From near the door:


View from my bed:

View of my closet:

6 thoughts to despense:

Sarah said...

yea!!! glad to se you back :D

Janie said...

I see you still took that ugly ass striped shirt...

seriously looks awesome though - you're not lying that is a much better room

Meg said...

I love that shirt... I don't make fun of your grandma clothes so lay off:p

Cathy said...

Yep.. even the comments of my two daughters reminds me how it was raising them! Okay, Meg.. you've shamed me. I promise to REstart my blogging. Maybe this school year won't be as stressful for either of us.
I LOVE the dorm. Is that Caitlyn pictured? If so.. you won't have to worry about her borrowing your clothes - even the ugly ass shirt as Janie describes it. Hope it doesn't scare you, but this Grandma actually likes the shirt - LOL!

Stephen Monteith said...

I remember that shirt. It's hot. *grins*

Mandy said...

Looks roomy! I'm glad your happy about your new residence.