CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 16, 2009

So Strange and So True....(I really wish it wasn't though)


So I go to lunch today, simply enough. I was in the mood for just a simply hamburger and some fries. I retrieved my food from the counter and found a table to enjoy the juicy burger in front of me. 
I set my food down and my book bag, and turned back to get a drink. 
You must have a nice beverage to wash down the fries. 
As I was headed back to my table I saw a man leaning over my stuff. 
I immediately thought he was taking my food to the trash thinking someone had left it. 
I thought this was strange because it was a full plate of food, but still I called after him to 
assure him that I had every intent to consume every morsel.
So as I head toward him ( I wasn't that far) calling:
"Sir!!,No Sir!!!"
He turns to me, with MY hamburger in his hands chewing the bite he had just bitten off. 
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHAT!!!!!!!!!
I stopped dead strictly from shock. 
He looked like a dear in the headlights. I realize this was a older Asian guy that worked in the cafeteria, and I had passed him on the way to my table, while he sat at another table finishing what looked like was his lunch. 
So why was he eating MY lunch????
After the most awkward 3 seconds of staring at each other he put the hamburger back on my plate!?!
I kinda curled my lip and told him... no thanks he could have it, I would get another. 
I really could not tell if he was embarrassed or not, but he picked it up and walked away. 
He came back a couple of minutes later and said sorry without really looking at me. 
Suddenly the hamburger didn't seem as yummy as it had at first. 

I still can't believe it all happened. I mean really what situation would that seem right?

I called a friend to tell her and she asked seriously if I was that bored that I had to make up stories to entertain myself. 

I really wish that I could have made this up, but sadly I didn't. 

So who knows I may end up eating like I have been in jail for a semester, lets hope I can get through today without random people eating food off my plate. 

5 thoughts to despense:

Cathy said...

Gosh, Meg.. sounds like you are carrying on the family tradition of having weird things happen to you. But you win - this beats it all! Since he works there, I wonder if he thought it was going in the trash, and just decided to nosh it. The whole thing calls for an "EWWW"!

Janie said...

He seriously TOOK YOUR PLATE??
I mean who would still have an appetite after doing something that stew - pid!

You'd think if you were about to eat someone's food they left you'd scope out the place for a bit to make SURE they were gone.

Maybe it was a dare

Stephen Monteith said...

Maybe he was just hungry. Just having a job isn't always enough anymore. Maybe he thought he could sneak a bite while you weren't looking, but was embarrassed when you returned.

All in all, I think it would be okay to let it go. He's probably more upset about the whole deal than you are.

Meg said...

I understand you point of view, but I guess to clarify, he works in the cafeteria, and they get free food there, and he had been sitting at a table eating.... I am "over" it, I just find it strange that he would sneak a bite....asking would have been more polite maybe..... and I am sure he is more upset... that he got caught, but not that he made the decision to do it in the first place.

My sister's theory is that maybe he thought I forgot a class and had to run without eating or throwing it away... my defense is my bookbag was at the table....

I suppose it is a mystery:p

Amanda said...

Either what it's still wrong and gross. No other way to put it. I probably would've complained on him.